The Florida Association for Food Protection recognizes that students are the future in the field of food safety. To support students FAFP provides academic scholarships for the advancement of science, food safety, and the continued focus for protecting the food supply.
The Fall and Spring Scholarships will be awarded to 2 students at $1,000 each student.
- Be a Member of FAFP
- Florida resident
- Demonstrate interest in, and commitment to, food safety and quality as a student (undergraduate or graduate level) enrolled full-time in a biological, chemical, or food science, hospitality management or other food industry field during the previous 6 months.
- Students are limited to two FAFP scholarships in an academic career.
Interested Students should submit an application, by the application deadline that includes:
- Completed Student Scholarship Application
- Statement of Interest explaining:
- Your career aspirations
- What qualifications sets you apart as a food safety professional to deserve this scholarship
- A copy of your Resume or CV
- Letter of recommendation from two faculty member or department chair (sent directly to FAFP from faculty member)
Applications must be submitted to FAFP via e-mail to: email@example.com OR mail to:
FAFP Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 160032
Altamonte Springs, FL 32716-0032